Sunday, December 23, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Did you know that you have the power to vote with each and every purchase you make? Even with something as simple as making Christmas cookies, you have the power to choose to support companies who are against the use of Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs) or to give your money to companies who actively seek to keep you in the dark about whether your food is natural or genetically engineered and modified.
|Buy Organic and GMO-Free -- Your dollars cast a vote with every choice you make.|
DO NOT BUY:
- Gold Medal Flour made by General Mills who spent $1,135,300 to stop GMO labeling.
- Nestlé Toll House or Carnation products made by Nestlé who spent $1,315,600 to stop GMO labeling.
- Borden Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk (not pictured) owned by Smucker's who spent $388,000 to stop GMO labeling.
- Horizon Butter or Dairy products owned by Dean Foods who spent $253,950 to stop GMO labeling.
- Bob's Red Mill Flour and Grains
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Fair-Trade Sugar
- California Farms or Santini Organic Condensed Milk*
- Sunspire Fair-Trade Chocolate
- Organic Valley Butter and Dairy products
*California Farms was pictured in the photo above which was created by GMO Awareness -- I am familiar with and regularly purchase from all of the other companies listed in the DO BUY category, but am unfamiliar with California Farms. I have emailed the company for more information on their stance on GMOs and GMO labeling.